Embassy’s Mission Statement
The Embassy of Cabo Verde in Washington, D.C., is entrusted with the mission to:
- Promote, strengthen and expand friendly relations and cooperation in all fields, as the Mission represents Cabo Verde to the United States, Canada and Mexico;
- Disseminate information about Cabo Verde and its democratic rule of law and good governance as well as its political, economic and social stability as the mainstream for the country’s improved business climate and investment opportunities;
- Showcase Cabo Verde as a Trade hub in the Atlantic ocean and as a tourism and foreign investment destination; identify and promote public and private partnerships that contribute to the effective implementation of the country’s transformational agenda;
- Protect the interests of resident Caboverdean communities, in close articulation with the Consulate General in Boston, contributing to their empowerment and motivating their participation in the development of Cabo Verde;
- Explain and advocate the position of the Government of Cabo Verde on bilateral and multilateral issues; report to the Government of Cabo Verde the accrediting countries' positions on issues of common interest;
- Build, whereas possible, political, security, economic and institutional cooperation as well as educational, professional, and cultural exchanges between Cabo Verde and the accrediting countries.
In fulfilling its mission, the Embassy is guided by the main Foreign Policy principles and goals which are rooted in the Constitution, Program of the Government and the Transformational Agenda of Cabo Verde as well as in the provisions of International Law.